It’s always inspiring to see photos of wildlife in magazines such as National Geographic… etc. I am sure it was a reason for some of us to become photo enthusiast. Here are some tips from great wildlife photographers:
- shoot at the highest burst of frames per second
- fast lens
- practice on pets
- don’t get too close
- focus on the edge of the herd
- for birds, look for those that repeatedly traverse the same flight pattern, and learn the pattern. Then find a background.
- song birds are best photograph in spring as they define and defend their territories. the males will have their favorite singing perches.
- use motion triggered camera
- use bait. like water source in the middle of the Arizona desert almost guarantee a few thirsty subject
- hire a local guide
But first, you must get up from the couch and go outdoors! That’s my take 🙂
[ PopPhoto ]